Monday, May 28, 2012

A Loving God

Here is a video of an Orthodox priest explaining the difference between a common protestant interpretation of the atonement and the Orthodox view. I'm with the priest on this one. I'm constantly amazed at the love of God, and equally amazed at those who would see him as vindictive and distant. God came to earth to be near us, to love us, to make us his heirs.

I think N.T. Wright is correct,  that we too often want to go from Jesus birth, to his death, to his resurrection and skip over his life. I think sometimes we are too afraid to look at this life because it would so completely turn our notion of who God is on its head. I want my understanding of God to be shaped by Jesus, who is the manifestation of God.



H/T Scot McKnight

No comments:

Post a Comment