Tuesday, November 1, 2011

All Saints' Day

How it thrills me when I hear the words of the Liturgy, "Therefore with the angels and archangels and all the company of Heaven," for I know that she is there with the company of Heaven, the Communion of Saints, with the Lord. The nearer I come to my Lord in Holy Communion, the nearer I come to the saints, to my own loved ones.....

Do learn to love the Altar as the meeting place with your beloved who have passed within the veil. Here again the Sacrament is the heart of our religion. The Blessed sacrament links us not merely to Bethlehem and Calvary, but to the whole world beyond the grave as well, for at the Altar, the infinite is shrined in the finite; Heaven stoops down to earth; and the seen and unseen meet.
Berthold Von Schenk

No comments:

Post a Comment